Thursday, January 15, 2015

UNFORGETTABLE

AMONG those cosmetics which will remain unforgettable are, for me, the Rose Water and Bamboo body cream/ lotion by Marks and Spencer! They were absolutely divine!

I truly think that I have not come across a better cream for the body. Texture, smell, effect, feel, were all absolutely perfect!

The series did not remain in circulation for long. For some reason, Marks and Spencer stopped making it (I think now they have stopped making their wonderful Royal Honey cosmetics series).

I loved the Bamboo and Rose Water lines so much that I have kept the empty bottles, and have them on display on my book shelves. As you can see, they are absolutely beautiful!

Objects possess cultural energy, as Stephen Greenblatt has said. An object's aesthetic, make, use and function speak about social habits and practices, as well as about cultural notions and ideas. Objects and the self are connected; we impart ourselves on the objects we possess or make, and objects we have close to our heart become part of who we are. Examples for me are lipstick, my reading glasses and my books!

If you are interested in the cultural examination of objects, you can buy Neill McGregor's A History of the World in 100 Objects. This is an amazing book, based on Neil McGregor's BBC Radio 4 series with the same name.

If you work in the Marks and Spencer's executive team and you are reading this, then PLEASE, 1) STOP withdrawing popular cosmetics lines, and, 2) BRING BACK the Bamboo and Rose Water line!!!!!!!!

Have a good Thursday night and be well! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment