Saturday, March 1, 2014

THE GLORY OF LIPSTICK
IT was love at first sight. The moment I saw it on the cosmetics counter of Beauty Line last night, I knew I had to have it!


I am talking about the Fuchsia Fever 60 Estee Lauder lipstick. Everything about it is beautiful! The cool, funky colour. The lovely name. The light it gives to the face. The pretty package!

The lipstick tube appeared in 1915, but the lipstick is as old as humankind. It is the best-selling cosmetic in the world and rightly so. A slash of lipstick on the lips brightens any day and, according to some research (I heard this on the BBC), good quality lipstick protects the lips from lip cancer!


The morning was full of beauty as well. I saw the Valentin Yudashkin Spring 2014 collection, with the phantasmagoric white and gold gowns.

I don't have any money to buy designer, and my budget is tiny in relation to everything (let alone designer). But I try to make life beautiful. Thank the Goddess of Beauty: there are many cheap ways, like the collages with fashion and make up which are everywhere in my house. 

As John Keats has said, "a thing of beauty is a joy forever; it will never slid into nothingness"!

No comments:

Post a Comment