Sunday, September 14, 2014

START THE WEEK

PAMPERING and beauty make an excellent start to the week, and the same goes for a hearty breakfast and an overall positive attitude!

On Saturday night, I was listening to some guy speaking on NPR radio. I was doing some work, so I only caught bits and pieces. "This guy talks sense", I often paused to think.

Eventually, "this guy" turned out to be Titanic director James Cameron. If he wasn't so famous in the movies, I think he could equally make a career writing excellent self-help books! I was impressed by the simple yet strong and solid advice he had to give.

Because I only caught bits and pieces of the speech, I can only give the highlights -- that our individuality and imagination are the greatest weapons we have, and that we must not give up. The speech ended something like this:

"Don't put limitations on yourself. Other people will put limitations on you. Don't do it to yourself. ... Failure is an option. But fear is not".

I think that this thought is a beautiful way to start the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment