Sunday, March 15, 2015

THE LIPSTICK PAPERS WEEKEND REVIEW

HELLO and welcome to The Lipstick Papers Weekend Review! Tonight we have The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying, by Marie Kondo!

Marie Kondo is a Japanese professional cleaner and housekeeping expert. She runs a successful business in Tokyo, helping her clients de-clutter, tidy and transform their homes, and she has written a book about her knowledge and attitude.

Being obsessed with cleaning and tidying myself, of course I had to have the book. I am a manic house-keeper, though I must admit that sometimes things can get out of control. These days, for instance, I am so busy with my teaching, that clutter has started to form inside cupboards and on shelves. However, I don't despair. Cleanliness and neatness are all-important, but they are usually the least of a life's problems. Come summer, I will begin to de-clutter step by step.

I found The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying to be well-written, interesting and practical. It has good and insightful advice on de-cluttering and achieving order all through the house. 

I would certainly recommend The Life-Changing Magic... to anyone who feels they are in need of some useful advice, suggestions and ideas on how to manage storage space and minimize clutter!

However, one fault is the advice on books. According to Kondo, we should keep as few books as possible in our home. You can understand that this idea does not sit too well with me! My home is full of books. I am not exaggerating. I mean FULL. I can't imagine life without books; I need to have and see them around me everywhere (except the bathroom and bedroom).

So I think that you will find some ideas in Kondo's book to be extreme or not very useful for you. Other than this, The Life-Changing Magic... is a good addition to a housekeeping books collection.

Have a good Sunday night, always with beauty and a book! 


No comments:

Post a Comment