Sunday, October 9, 2016

ΑΛΙΚΗ ΒΟΥΓΙΟΥΚΛΑΚΗ (ALICE VOUYIOUKLAKI) I'M LOVIN' IT

Doing my best to look like Alice Vouyiouklaki? Ha! I'd wish. I am, however, the proud owner of a first hand copy of her autobiography, written when the Greek national star was only 25. Alice Vouyiouklaki (Αλίκη Βουγιουκλάκη) is the most famous Greek actress that has ever lived and, as you can see from the pics, a stunner for beauty she was too. Even the then Prince Constantine of Greece fell madly in love with her 😀


For me, though, Αλίκη is a companion of childhood (I watched all her films) and the writer of a really lovely tiny autobiography. I read it when I was still at school, and I was so impressed! I identified with the scrapes she got into with her brothers, her dreams to go to drama school and her happiness when she finally got in. Αλίκη took the entrance exam in secret, for fear her mum would not approve. Then it is amazing to read how she made it big on the stage (playing Juliet) and then on screen. I was thrilled to read her adventures while filming in the rain and in remote locations!


When Αλίκη died a whole world of glamour went with her. She had the money and the star power to bring all big Broadway and West End productions to Athens, something nobody has anymore, I think.
Like she was a star, her book is a star in my collection. It's rare, out of print and simply beautiful. I'm lovin' it! 💄💋❤️💝💖
#ΑλίκηΒουγιουκλάκη #autobiography #Greece #theatre #film #beauty#TheLipstickPapers #blonde

No comments:

Post a Comment