Saturday, October 15, 2016

NOBEL PRIZE, ANYONE????

Congratulations to Bob Dylan for the Nobel prize!!! This is not the first time he was considered. At last! I love Bob Dylan and his music, he is a living legend-- but personally I most closely associate him with Joan Baez and "Diamonds and Rust", the song she wrote about her pain after their relationship broke up. "If you are giving me diamonds and rust, I've already paid". This is one of my favorite lyrics ever. One day I will tattoo it on my arm.

I love all of Dylan's songs, and it's difficult to name a favorite. I love the economy of his lines, the way he says so much in simple, well chosen, words. Nobel prize anyone????
Also, I loved reading the first volume of his autobiography ( I think he has not written a second yet). It is vivid, interesting, and written by a guy with an acute eye for observation; a guy with deep powers of perception. It's a slice of life from the 60s!

Last week, the Nobel prize got a lot more cool, and a lot more relevant. Congratulations again! 😀😎💄💋💝❤️
#BobDylan #NobelPrize #literature #60s #TheLipstickPapers #music#JoanBaez #books #reading #beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment