Monday, April 14, 2014

DREAM ON
I stay up to date with fashion in three ways. 1) I watch the World Fashion Channel all day. 2) I read books, sites, articles and pages on fashion. And, 3) I keep a fashion journal!

Yes, a good, old, fashion journal, in paper and ink. I know that I am in this, um, old-fashioned. As The New York Times has put it recently, fashion now happens on Instagram and blogs. I don't say that this is a bad thing. Personally, I read fashion blogs religiously and follow all the Facebook pages on fashion I can find.

Writing suits my style better -- I bought the Moleskin fashion journal notebook and I write, cross out, draw, do frills with pink ink!

I think that this is the point with fashion, to do the things you like. I don't agree that fashion is constricting. I don't have a perfect body, I have little money and I will never be able to afford high fashion. But I select my clothes well, I take care of them and wear them for decades! As my dear Karl Lagerfeld has said, "style has nothing to do with money"!

So I watch the fashion shows, keep my journal, read the fashion pages and I dream on!

No comments:

Post a Comment