Saturday, April 26, 2014

THAT SPECIAL FLAVOR
ONE of my favorite parts of the furniture is my dressing-table with the lovely jewelry box on top! The jewelry box is made of pink wood (while the dressing table is white) and contains two narrow drawers. 

Inside the drawers are mementos in the form of cosmetics, accessories and faux bijoux. Most of my favorite lipsticks are there, as well as lovely lip-balms from Marks and Spencer. (The rest of the lipsticks are in a Princess mug from Wittards. You can see it in the picture behind the snow ball). 

Here is one black plastic ring wrought in the shape of rose and lace; here is a tiny jewelry box from Claire's accessories containing my toe-rings. I bought the Claire's accessories box from London thirteen years ago. 

And here is the favorite part of the collection -- a twenty-year old lipstick from Estee Lauder, called Sugar Rose, which they don't make anymore. Or at least I think they don't!

There are little things in life alongside those we consider great, important or big. This is no less wisdom than it is the truth. The little things are the spice of life -- they give it that piquant, special flavor!

I think I should go to Beauty Line and ask about the Estee Lauder Sugar Rose lipstick. Maybe it's back on the market, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment