Saturday, April 5, 2014

MAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO-GO
THIS painting is one of my favorites. It shows a woman quickly mending her own dress, presumably before going to a visit or even a ball. I love the colors, the figure, the feel of the satin, the artsy realism!

But I also love the painting for another reason, and this is that it shows that women are active in fashion. Women are not passive when it comes to fashion and beauty. There are women designers, artists, and founders of make up business!

Even in the past, when the obstacles were many, women could not be held back. They would write and illustrate books, design clothes and textiles, do embroidery, have their own corset-making business and even their own fashion house!

The common argument goes that fashion and make up restrain women because they give them only specified colors, products and techniques each season. I disagree with this.

The colors and techniques may be specific, but the possibilities are endless. We can use as much or as little make up as we like, and work on our face as we see fit. As for clothes, even a small new accessory can make last year's outfit look bright and fresh!

I know I am obsessed with lipstick and beauty techniques. My home looks like a doll's house-cum-beauty salon, and I adore Barbie! I really think that beauty is an important part of life and can make life good. The ancient Greeks had no doubt about this. They even had a Goddess for beauty and sex!

Enjoy the beauty Nature has given you; multiply it by living beautifully and in the best way that you can!

And have a good weekend! 

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment