Saturday, June 7, 2014

A SUMMER SUNDAY

I KNOW it's summer, and it's not that I miss the winter, but this Snow Flake Fairy is so amazing I just had to post!!!!!!!!! 

Fairies are real, of course, just like mermaids. Perhaps we will never see a fairy or a mermaid in our lifetime, but this is how it should be -- these creatures belong to an entirely different realm, and do not want to be seen, I think!

Sometimes, fairies are less than good in literature and in stories; at other times they are helpful and benevolent. In Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, Mr Rochester compares Jane to a fairy, not only because she is slender and elf-like, but also because she is other-worldly, strange and has bewitched him!

Possession by A.S. Byatt is full of references to fairies. I am re-reading this novel, and I will come back to fairies in later posts.  Meanwhile, enjoy the Sunday and be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment