Wednesday, June 11, 2014

FAVORITE RED LIPSTICK

I READ an interesting article on cosmetics and beauty routines in The New York Times the other day, and I thought I could tell you about it: it's called Isabel Toledo's Beauty and Fitness Regimen! Isabel Toledo is a fashion designer and she shares beauty and fitness secrets with us!

Reading the article, I learnt lots of new information about cosmetics -- e.g. a Spanish soap brand called Maja: Isabel Toledo, who is Cuban-American and lives in New York, says that it is the brand used by her mother and grandmother. Also, I learnt about La Mer hand-cream, Carita Fluid de Beaute, read advice on skin care and fitness and --of course-- I read about Toledo's favorite red lipstick! 

I think what attracted me about this article is not only the beauty tips, but also reading about the ways in which beauty routines, make up, cosmetics and fitness/ cooking regimens are part of our lives and part of who we are.

I love to use beauty to write stories like this! Colors and styles make up a life story (pun intended). For me, my Clinique and Lancome lipsticks are the reliable and trusted friends for everyday, my fuchsia-pink Nyx lip pencil is the coquette lipstick, the Estee Lauder dark fuchsia is for the evening, the Dior rouge which is like a dark pink rose, is for prettiness! 

And so on and so forth into lipstick eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment