Saturday, June 21, 2014

THE LIPSTICK PAPERS WEEKEND REVIEW

IT IS Saturday, I am at my favorite cafe, and I am doing what I love best -- writing at The Lipstick Papers! This week's book review!

Our book today is Gisele Scanlon's The Goddess Guide, published by Harper Collins in 2006.

I think The Goddess Guide was published right before Christmas that year; at least, that's when I bought it, I think from London. My edition has the sticker "3 pounds off from Borders"; we didn't have Borders in my town, so it must be London. The book always brings to my mind the Christmas magic which, despite any personal problems we might be facing, makes us feel good!

This book reads like one huge glossy magazine. There is a lot of advice on style and where to shop, but also amazing stuff on food, home decoration and lifestyle!

Strong point(s): despite some whining about not all of us having the body of a film actress, this is a book written by a young woman who loves food, and wants to give everybody useful tips on where to find amazing sweets, chocolate, breakfast and steak! "Do you love chocolate? I do!" Equally to chocolate, I love it that a book on beauty has this sentence. There is even advice for die-hard chocolate fans and where they can check the top ten chocolate bars.

Strongest point: Not only the wonderful advice on style, lingerie, letter writing and everything else you can think of, but also an interview with Christian Louboutin!

Verdict: This is a wonderful book! Gisele Scanlon has a website too, and a sequel to her book!

That's the book review for this weekend. I wish you all a lovely evening, always with beauty and a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment