Thursday, January 26, 2017

AKA BEAUTY GODDESS

Mary Quant, popularizer of the mini skirt, started off making hats. She found her work very enjoyable. "Every hat I made was a little sculpture". She would say. Brigitte Bardot, aka the Beauty Goddess, wore hats magnificently. The power of a plain straw bonnet is demonstrated in Charlotte Bronte's Villette. Lucy Snowe and Ginevra Fanshawe, outstanding each in her own way, both wear it to great effect!

My love of hats is well known, and you can see me here with a fantastic hat with thick pleating, perfect for the winter sun ☀️ and with a witch's hat from Jumbo's carnival collection! Isn't it beautiful????? Can't wait to wear ðŸ˜€

As for favorite literary witches, I think I will not say Hermione from Harry Potter (though I love her very much). I think my number one literary witch has to be Aunt Pol (aka Polgara the Sorceress) from David Eddings's Belgariad series. The series features ten books and I have read them all. Aunt Pol appears in all of them. Aunt Pol is beautiful, capable, an excellent seamstress and cook. She raises Garion, her orphaned nephew, loving him like only a good mother would have. But secretly, Aunt Pol is about a thousand years old and the most powerful witch of her time. Does Garion find out? Of course! I very much enjoyed the Belgariad.

Hats have a bit of magic of their own and can transform a face or an outfit, whether in everyday life, or at carnival ðŸ˜€
Have a good night, always with beauty and a book! Xxx
#MatyQuant #HarryPotter #CharlotteBronte #Villette #BrigitteBardot#carnival #hats #bonnets #seamstress

No comments:

Post a Comment