Monday, January 9, 2017

HUNTER'S MOON: SOMETHING BORROWED

Overcoming writer's block by a return to longhand (handwritten) text! I am officially out of the writer's block, because last night I managed to finish my novel Hunter's Moon! Here I am writing and posing with a number of prized possessions: a most amazing Stradivarius sweater, a favorite Moleskine notebook, and a Bic anniversary silver biro pen! All these together are not worth 50 € but, as Karl Lagerfeld says, style has nothing to do with money. For me, nothing beats the pen and paper for writing. Writing directly on screen nearly ruined me as an author.

However, we learn from our mistakes. I am never leaving pen and paper again.

The novel is a fantasy adventure, meant to be completed in two volumes. The first was called Hunter's Moon: Something Borrowed. The second will be Hunter's Moon: Point Taken. Maybe it will turn out to be a trilogy, but I am not sure yet. Also, I am not embarking on the second volume directly. It's better to miss your characters, as well as work out the plot in the subconscious. I am now writing my Mermaid Mirror novel in a parallel universe. I have called this new novel Mermaid Mirror: Through the Looking Glass.

You can see that Hunter's Moon begins with a stanza from the amazingly haunting poem Maud. If you love dark, vampirism poetry, don't miss Maud. The Victorians were great with the passionate vampire inspired novel, and in fact actually invented it.
Have a good night, and take a good book always with you! 💝💝💝💋💋💋💄👠🌹
#writing #books #novels #pen #Moleskin #Victorians #fantasy#vampires #Maud #Tennyson #poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment