Sunday, January 29, 2017

YES, I BRAG ABOUT THIS BOOK

Will books go platinum, like music? What is an Evergreen book??? Do I have an Evergreen book in my garden, er, I mean my library? (Yessss, see photos!!!!) The other day, I heard a spokesperson from the Nielsen Book Centre (a resource Centre on book sales and book stats) talk about the initiative to award gold and platinum status to books! Books will be certified gold or platinum according to sales.

An Evergreen book, the guy explained, is a book that sells every week. A book that has become ingrained in the culture. The example he gave is one of my favorite children's books ever, namely, We're Going on a Bear Hunt, by Michael Rosen.

Bear Hunt is a wonderful story, with a tour de force that will have you rolling with laughter for days. I bought a small and a larger edition, and it is one of my most prized books. I love it that the family in the story is not conventional - is it a single dad with four kids, as Wikipedia says, or a band of siblings?- and the ending is ambiguous. Some of my friends (yes, I brag about this book to friends) have read it differently than I did.

Bear Hunt won the prestigious Nestle Smarties Book Prize in 1989, and it is read out in YouTube clips too. Michael Rosen, the author, is a cool guy, who was Children's Laureate for the years 2007-2009.
Though a children's book, Bear Hunt is a brilliant read for adults too. And an Evergreen! Don't miss 😀
Have a good start to the week, taking beauty always with you! 🌹💋💄💄👠💝
#books #weregoingonabearhunt #beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment