Saturday, September 2, 2017

HAIRDO

When I go to the hairdresser, I always think of Charlotte Bronte and Villette, where protagonist Lucy Snowe can't recognize herself after her hair is treated by a professional hairdresser! This is certainly one of my favorite scenes in the book. I believe that Lucy is wrong not to pay attention to her appearance. She gradually changes, but not in time to win the man she really wants, the annoying Graham Breton. None of the men in Villette is any good; I hate Paul Emanuel, the one Lucy "gets" in the end. My favorite is "bad boy" Alfred de Hamal, whom we are not supposed to like at all. But then, I always side with the subversive characters.


Here I do some therapy with coconut oil, and then comes professional drying. I love doing my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment