Tuesday, July 22, 2014

BEAUTY ON A BUDGET

SUMMER AND BEAUTY go together very well, and lipstick is the star of the show!

Summer is also a great time for some pampering, all within one's budget, of course: pedicure, a new lipstick, sun lotion, manicure!

I am the last person who can give advice on budget: my finances are in a mess and my account permanently overdrawn. A good book of advice, however, is Anita Naik's The Lazy Girl's Guide to the High Life on a Budget. The whole Lazy Girl's Guide series is cool!

Anita Naik used to write an advice column in Just 17, a magazine I used to buy in my late teenage years and in my early twenties. 

Like the books, Naik's column was practical, sensible and fun! Her advice was excellent, and covered just about everything a girl might want to know: how to show a boy that you are interested, how to show a boy that you are NOT interested, what to do if your boyfriend wants sex and you don't, plus where to get advice for a myriad problems from school bullying and eating disorders to domestic abuse.

I read Just 17 religiously, and now I wish I had kept some back issues. I think it's not published anymore. And I wish I had heeded some of Anita Naik's advice too ;-)

Anyway! It's never too late. Maybe that guide to the High Life on a Budget will finally teach me some thrift. 

Enjoy another summer week, always with beauty and the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment