Saturday, July 26, 2014

THE LIPSTICK PAPERS WEEKEND REVIEW

LAST Saturday for July, with the new week moving fast into August! This weekend's review is for the book The Passionate Shopper by Marion von Adlerstein! The Passionate Shopper was published in 2006 by Lantern, an imprint of Penguin Books.

I bought this book from Foyles in London. I remember the moment exactly. I am into Foyles, which for me pretty sums up my idea of Heaven on Earth, walking into the beauty section.

I spot the book from afar: the cover is pink, the spine is pink, a lovely pink, it draws me on like a magnet! It happens quickly. I grab the book -- it's about shopping -- I open it inside -- the illustrations are so pretty!

Strong Points: As an item, The Passionate Shopper is perfect: the best color (pink), satin paper, pretty outlay and design. As a book, it is also good. It has advice for shopping, beauty, style, luxury, all over the world shopping, Internet shopping.

Weak point(s): I am not sure whether the featured shops and goods are affordable to the average shopper. Also, any advice on the Internet may be slightly out of date by now.

Verdict: beautiful book, which will always remind me of a wonderful afternoon in a wonderful spot in London! You can buy and enjoy it bearing in mind the weak points above.

Have a happy Saturday afternoon, with beauty always with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment