Sunday, November 30, 2014

THE LIPSTICK PAPERS WEEKEND REVIEW

HELLO and welcome to The Lipstick Papers Weekend Review! This week we got The Body Shop Book: Skin, Hair and Body Care, published in 1994 by Little, Brown and Company.

The book is a collection of advice, know-how, how-to and tips from the Body Shop, with an Introduction by the late Anita Roddick. 

It is a lovely volume, with practical information and advice, as well as historical and useful material on beauty, aromatherapy, fragrances, and health. Interestingly, the book devotes space for men's beauty as well. There is a section for massage too, a step-by-step guide to make up, a section on Sun (tanning safely, keeping your living space cool, keeping your skin healthy in the sun) and finally a section on aging -- which becomes more and more valuable to me as the years go by!

I bought this volume when it came out in 1994, and I believe that it is now a collectors item. It was a bit expensive, and my means were as limited as always but, at the same time, I always have a tiny budget for books! 

Now I am happy I bought this book rather than saving the money it cost. Anita Roddick has died and the Body Shop has been sold.

Inside the volume I have kept some clippings from magazines on skin care, equally valuable today! One day's ephemera is the next day's memento.

I hope you are all enjoying a great Sunday, always with beauty and a book! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment