Tuesday, July 14, 2015

SWISS NUNS, RUSSIAN PRINCESSES, CRISTIANO RONALDO

AS Flipboard informs me, this month is lingerie sewing month! I wish I could sew so that I could produce something to celebrate, but I have sadly forgotten most of my home economics knowledge from school. The only thing I remember how to do now is cross-stitch. But I was quite good, and could even do traditional Cyprus embroidery, Lefkara needlework (Λευκαρίτικο) and Fiti needlework (Φιθκιώτικο).

In Princess Daisy, the 1980s novel by Judith Krantz, a Russian princess has all her lingerie hand-made by Swiss (if I remember correctly) nuns. Princess Daisy was not a good novel at all -- character inconsistency and an overall emptiness being its major faults. However, it is very good in describing fashion and clothes.

Today I celebrated lingerie with a bit of shopping, albeit within my very tight budget. I love all the girlie products of Marks and Spencer, have a look at these pics:


Coming back home, I fell upon the football crowd. The local Nicosia team (Apoel, Αποέλ) played for the Champions League qualifiers. I love football, and I love Cristiano Ronaldo, but I am not that keen on learning results. I hope our local team won, of course!

Have a good evening and be well! xxx
P.S. If the pics seem a bit dark, it is because of the bright sunshine. In Cyprus we have sun by the buckets (and thank goodness for that). I think it is our major export product!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment