Saturday, July 25, 2015

THE NEXT BEST THING (FROM LIPSTICK TO FAIRIES)

THE NEXT best thing to buying a new lipstick is rediscovering an old one! It just happened to me with my Rouge Coco 16, the Tafettas Rose. It's the most amazing color! Here I am wearing it.

I don't even remember when I bought this Beauty. However, the lipstick inside is sadly broken. This means I have to use with extreme care and apply with a lip brush!

Another encounter with beauty this week is with this wildflower bush in a neighborhood in Larnaca!

Isn't it amazing??????
I really don't know what it's called, but I do know that it just grows there unaided and untended. A real wild beauty!

In my view, it is a flower bush visited and inhabited by the fairies. I must make a note to check it out on Mid Summer's Eve at twilight; it will certainly be all aglow.

Cyprus legends and folk-stories with fairies mostly present fairies in a negative light. In the Cypriot Greek fairies are called either aneraes (ανεράες, the Cypriot for the Greek "νεράιδες", literally, fairies) or "good women" ("καλές γεναίτζιες") which is a euphemism for "bad women"! The "good women" of fairy lore are believed to steal children from human women and exchange them with children of their own. 

If a new mother believed her child had been exchanged by the fairies, she had to go with three young women and an older, wise woman at a crossroads in the deep of night. They left the baby on the crossroads, together with a some bread. They spoke some ritualistic words and walked away. It was believed that the fairies would then come and exchange the baby again.

From Chanel lipstick to fairies: only at The Lipstick Papers! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment