Sunday, January 31, 2016

VICTORIAN LUXURY PAPER AND TRUE OBSESSIONS

ONE of my favorite scenes from Great Expectations is when Miss Havisham takes a gold pencil to write in her set of ivory tablets! Like a make up artist with her/his brushes, pens are my tools of trade! I feel great just to read about pens and paper.

Miss Havisham writes a money gift on the ivory tablets (type of luxuryVictorian paper) which helps Pip and his best friend Herbert start a successful business. It's all complex and secret, of course - Dickens plots are anything but simple!
Many scenes with paper and ink also exist in Dickens's Bleak House. Another favorite book!

At home I have pens for the next 200 years and two dozen books on paper, books & the history of writing.
I'm talking true obsession!
Xxx 

😃

No comments:

Post a Comment