Saturday, February 6, 2016

A HIDDEN TRUTH

WORLD BOOK DAY is on March 3 in the UK and Ireland, and here I am browsing my friend Mario's book collection! Mario is as much of a book collector as I am ;-)

I think my favorite book scene in literature must be from Possession, where Ronald Mitchell finds the mysterious letter in Randolph Henry Ash's personal copy of Vico in the British Library. (Or is it the British Museum?) Then a long quest begins for a hidden truth!


Another favorite book scene must be where little Jane in Jane Eyre reads Bewick's British Birds. How much happiness books can bring in the little child's gloomy life! Dickens spoke also about this, when the boy David reads adventure books to strengthen himself against abuse from his horrid stepfather (in David Copperfield).


How much I look forward to the World Book Day!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment