Sunday, February 28, 2016

Q IS FOR BEAUTY (THE UNEXAMINED LIFE IS NOT WORTH LIVING)

MY favorite letter of the alphabet is definitely the letter Q! I mean the English alphabet, coz we don't have Q in the Greek. In the Greek language, the sound and use of "q" belongs to the letter "k" (kappa, Κ).

So, why Q? These are my three reasons:
1. Q is for questions and queries. There is nothing better than a good question. "The unexamined life is not worth living," as Socrates would always say.

2. The shape of Q is so beautiful and feminine! If letters have a gender, Q is definitely a female. The circle and the lovely little curve is pure perfection.

3. Though Mary Quant is not my favorite designer, she is a designer pioneer, and I simply LOVE her surname!!!! In her autobiography, she recognizes that her unusual surname contributed to her fame.

I have the Q in a figurine letter on my desk. I love it so much!

Have a good start to the week!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment