Saturday, February 20, 2016

APHRODITE, OUR HOME GODDESS

HOW TO focus in periods of great pressure? You have to concentrate on the things that make you happy, as a good friend told me once. For me, these are my nature walks, getting new tattoos and the simple luxuries of life -- like going to the hairdresser's!

Cyprus is unique geologically, because it has risen from the bottom of the sea. Maybe that's why our home goddess, Aphrodite, is also sea-risen and called, in Greek, Αναδυομένη (literally meaning sea-risen).




Geological expeditions come to Cyprus each year from all over the world, to study the mountain geological strata which are, in reality, ocean geological strata. So amazing!

Nature walks were made fashionable by none others than the Romantics and also my beloved Victorians. Another great past time is, for me, to go to the hairdresser, and have my frizzy and unruly hair made beautiful. And the other great past time is, of course, getting a new tattoo!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment