Monday, November 14, 2016

BEAUTY TREATMENT

I had no idea that this white top would go so absolutely fantastic with the military skirt!!! I was sure that it would be a nice combination of course (I don't watch Fashion TV all day for nothing) but I didn't know the two would come together so well. A perfect latte is also a nice additional touch! 😀 I felt like Lucy Snowe in Charlotte Bronte's Villette, who cannot believe it is her own image looking so glamorous when she wears a pink satin gown with a black lace shawl!!!

So this was one of the times the mirror pleasantly surprises you. Being a committed feminist, I don't have much of a mirror complex. I can be critical of myself, but within the average medium. As the Ancient Greeks said, moderation in all things (παν μέτρον άριστον). Including self criticism.
Sadly, Bronte's Lucy Snowe does have a mirror complex, and inferiority issues. She feels plain bordering on ugly, and simply refuses to be beautiful. Yet, one of the master strokes of Villette is that we are not sure exactly how Lucy looks like, how beautiful she is or how ugly. She's certainly impressed when she sees herself after a hairdresser and beauty treatment.

Though there are people (men as well as women) who are undeniably beautiful, a part of beauty is a matter of confidence and perception. I think we must not shy away from beauty. We can all look good, energetic and fit!
Have a good start to the week, with beauty always with you xxx 💋💝💖💄💋💝💖
P.S. Military skirt from Stradivarius, blouse from Marks and Spencer (old though, from 2010), shoes Dorothy Perkins (old though, from 2007) and latte from Costa Coffee!
#beauty #CharlotteBronte #Villette #Victorians #latte #CostaCoffee#MarksandSpencer #DorothyPerkins

No comments:

Post a Comment