Saturday, November 19, 2016

BEE HAPPY

Strabo, the Ancient Greek writer, praised Cyprus bread above all the breads in the world - especially bread from Paphos! It's true that Paphos bread is superior. My aunts' home made loaves are indeed the best I have ever tasted and I totally agree with Strabo. The bread pictured here is from Larnaca, however. I saw it today at market and it looked so good I just bought it, though I normally eat sliced bread. You can also see what for me is the best honey, my Bee Happy mug and my plastic tea spoons which I love. The cream one from Starbucks, the hot pink from a Marks and Spencer pic nic set.


The honey is from a guy called Christos Michael. I think he is from Larnaca county; you find these honey products in few shops. If you ever visit Cyprus this is the honey to go for, or maybe Stavrovouni honey, made by the monastery with the same name. Honey was as sacred to the Greeks as it was to the Egyptians, and associated in the Olympic religion with Zeus father of the gods. Bees, or a priestess named Melissa (Μέλισσα, bee) nurtured Zeus when he was a baby.


Strabo is the father of geography; in a series of books, he established geography as a science and described The then known world going as far as Britain and Greenland.
Of course I couldn't resist to eat some of the bread after I photographed it. It tastes magnificent, even better than it smells. Yum! Strabo would have been delighted!
Have a good evening with beauty always with you! 😀💋💝💖💄
#traditionalbread #artisan #honey #bees #Strabo #geography #food #Cyprus#Larnaca #Paphos #Greece #TheLipstickPapers #cuisine#MarksandSpencers #Starbucks

No comments:

Post a Comment