Monday, May 22, 2017

TOWARDS THE DOOR WE NEVER OPENED

I guess we all have a personal meaning for the Mona Lisa -is she a vampire, is she Da Vinci in drag, or just a woman with a memorable smile?-And how about the so-called "Dutch Mona Lisa", the Girl with the Pearl Earring? It was T.S. Eliot who first thought that the Mona Lisa might be a vampire.

I recently bought this amazing book called Vermeer The Complete Works. It's so beautiful, and fully captures the complexity and genius of Vermeer.
I grew up thinking that I would study art myself, and be an artist, something which eventually did not happen. As T.S. Eliot again said, "Down the passage which we did not take. Towards the door we never opened. Into the rose garden". Not studying art is a decision I will regret always.

Have a good Monday evening, always with beauty and a book! ❤️🌹💋💋👠💄💄
#art #vermeer #monalisa #davinci #tseliot #fourquartets#sundayevening #girlwiththepearlearring #dutchart

No comments:

Post a Comment