Saturday, October 18, 2014

THE LIPSTICK PAPERS WEEKEND REVIEW

HELLO and welcome to The Lipstick Papers Weekend Review! This week we have In My Shoes, a memoir by Tamara Mellon, co-founder of Jimmy Choo!

Tamara Mellon published this memoir in 2013, charting her beginning from the day she was fired from her position as accessories editor in Vogue, to the way she co-founded Jimmy Choo with the eponymous shoemaker, how she bought Jimmy Choo's share off the company and eventually left the company herself.

Apart from this, we get Mellon's account of her time in rehab, her family circumstances, marriage, motherhood and divorce.

I have to say that I enjoyed reading this book very much! I loved the descriptions of the fashion world, the hard work combined with creative genius that is behind fashion, the ingenuity with which Mellon promotes her lines and creations.

Most of all, I loved Mellon's honesty. She never shies away from describing pain, misery, heart-break, failure. I found this to be the most appealing part of the book. Also, I liked the positive spirit which runs across the pain and the failure, which reminds us that we must never give up and always strive for the best.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves fashion; at the same time, it is great reading for any lover of autobiography and memoir!

Have a lovely weekend, always with beauty and a good book! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment