Saturday, October 25, 2014

THE LIPSTICK PAPERS WEEKEND REVIEW

HELLO and welcome to The Lipstick Papers Weekend Review! Today we have a book about lipstick, the star in this blog! 

The book is Lipstick: A celebration of a girl's best friend, by Jessica Pallingston.

This is a perfect book for me. It says so on the back-cover: "The book for every woman who can't leave home without her lipstick". This is me! Lipstick is my best friend. There are always several tubes of lipstick in the bag. Without my lipstick I feel incomplete. I think that my lipstick and glasses are what make me er, me.

The book is lovely in many ways. The shape is elegant, the jacket is in a warm shade of gold, with a pretty lipstick all over the front cover. The chapters are very interesting. A history of lipstick, how to buy lipstick, how to make lipstick yourself! How to shop for lipstick, uses of lipstick and what your lipstick says about you! The shape of our lipstick (the edge as it forms in the tube while we use it) apparently has a lot to say about our personality. The descriptions got it right, at least for me!

The one bad thing about this book is the design inside. While the cover is lovely, the inside of the book not much so. The illustrations are not very good, the paper very average quality, and the layout is not attractive. It could all have been so more stylish!

However, the content of the book is very good, and makes entertaining reading for lovers of lipstick, beauty and cosmetics!

Have a lovely weekend, always with beauty and a good book! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment