Saturday, February 14, 2015

MORE ABOUT THE HEART

FOR ME, Valentine's Day is not necessarily about romantic love, it is a date to celebrate every kind of love! 

Celebrations and festivities are a very useful tool to exclude people from society, and Valentine's Day is sadly no exception. A way to beat this is to realize that Valentine's Day is a celebration of the power of love. It is not exclusively a celebration of romance and the ability to afford special Valentine's dinners, weekends, merchandise and forms of behavior.

In literature, a Valentine is sent as a joke in Thomas Hardy's Far from the Madding Crowd, with bad consequences. I never liked Hardy, I have to say. His language is lovely; but I could never get into his plots and characters. I am sorry to  say that, for me, Hardy plots are among the worst ever written.

The heart, as a symbol, is one of goodness, divinity, resilience and renewal. I honestly think that the heart is as powerful an organ as the brain, and that to divide the two is nonsensical. I think they are meant to work together, not apart. I will write more about the heart in a future post.

Have a happy Valentine's Day wherever you are! The Lipstick Papers Weekend Review coming soon! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment