Sunday, February 15, 2015

THE LIPSTICK PAPERS WEEKEND REVIEW (SPECIAL EDITION FOR 50 SHADES)

SO, was it good????? So, was it worth the wait? The buzz? The hype? I am talking about the 50 Shades movie, and the answer is YES to all!

Hello and welcome to a special edition of The Lipstick Papers Weekend Review! Tonight we have the movie for 50 Shades of Grey!

I really loved the film, and this is not because I was prepared to love it. 50 Shades is my favorite book, Christian Grey is my favorite literary character, so I was quite concerned about the film!

Nevertheless, it proved to be well-made, exciting, and lots of fun! They accentuated the humor of the book, to good effect. The famous (or infamous) contract is outlined and explained in an imaginative and funny scene. Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan were quite good together; their scenes hot, intimate and erotic in a natural and effortless way.

Jamie Dornan, I have to say, is truly HOT. I always knew how hot he is, and I was sure he would be great for the film, but I didn't know exactly how hot he was until tonight. He is very hot! (Giggle). I liked Dakota Johnson too; in the book, I often found Anastasia Steele annoying, but this doesn't come out in the film at all.

The scene where the two fly in Charlie Tango is a scene of pure movie magic!

A good thing too is that the family is not shown too much; Mr and Mrs Grey, Mia, Eliot &c. I found that, in the book, these characters and their plot-lines were too sugary. The major plot line between Christian and Ana is the fairy tale, so it would have been better had the sub-plots been kept closer to reality. Luckily, the sub-plots were kept at a minimum in the film.

Now it's back to reality, I guess. There is no Mr Grey to help with the problems of badly paid jobs and the complications of every-day life. However, there is a Mr Grey to give us an element of the fairy-tale, and I think that this is by itself real enough.

Have a good Sunday evening! xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment