Sunday, February 22, 2015

THE LIPSTICK PAPERS WEEKEND REVIEW

HELLO and welcome to The Lipstick Papers Weekend Review! This week we got The Diet Bible by food expert Judith Wills!

You will probably know by now that I am committed to body size acceptance, and I am not in favor of dieting. I am more in favor of nutrition, and I think that the best form of diet is a reasonable intake of (any kind of) food plus exercise.

So, if you ask me whether The Diet Bible is good for dieting, I will say no. If any of you are worried about weight, and feel that you cannot deal with weight issues by yourselves, it might be better to see a nutritionist, who will find an eating scheme that is good and would work for you.

Plus, the sample diets contained in The Diet Bible are, in my view, too strict and probably deficient in nutrients too. I don't think anyone could follow the diets in the book and not go mad from hunger.

What I find the book very valuable for is practical advice. It has excellent ideas and tips on such things as snacks, breakfast, what is good to eat and what is best to avoid in restaurants, what is a good but low-calorie dinner or meal, what is best to eat at fast food joints, pubs, &c.

Moreover, The Diet Bible has a lot of information and advice on eating and eating habits during the various stages of life, during pregnancy and also advice for parents and children.

Therefore, this book is good, provided you use it with care! Avoid the sample diets, but use the advice!

And remember -- a few extra kilos do not mean anything. Food is a blessing and it is there to be enjoyed. Like everything, it should be taken in moderation. 

Until next week, take care and be well! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment