Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A FRONT PAGE WITH LIPSTICK

I think it's just about time for a Lipstick Papers Book Review, and here it is! The book I am holding in the two pics is Cyclogeography by Jon Day. This is a very pretty edition, but I have to say I am not excited with the book.

Day is now a university lecturer. Before doing his PhD he worked as a bicycle courier in London. This is his memoir. I had heard him on interview and reading parts of the memoir, which made me decide to buy.
The truth is, there are many interesting parts in the book, especially the descriptions of London and London streets. But it is often too heavy and pessimistic, and can get boring with long musings on philosophy.
The book in this pic is the newly released Your Beauty Mark, by Dita Von Teese. I love Dita Von Teese, and I suppose I could not ask for more than a front page with a lipstick!!! Looking forward to reading.

Have a good mid-week afternoon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment