Sunday, December 13, 2015

SOOOO YUMMY!

Who would have thought that I would be presenting cookery on my blog, as it is well known that I can cook nothing! Accidentally, I started making what turned out to be a traditional Cypriot recipe - pasta boiled in milk, called trin (τριν). The old Cypriot housewives used a sliced pasta form resembling tagliatelle, and put sugar in the milk as well. I put salt myself. It's soooo yummy!



At night, it was burger and potato wedges at a coffee restaurant!
I am sorry to say that I can't find the slightest pleasure in cooking, I basically prefer to eat the food! On the other hand, I am excellent at house-cleaning.
The old Cypriot housewives had a great deal of wisdom which involved not only cooking and food making, but also weaving, sewing, embroidery, herb medicine and plant therapies, even forms of witch-craft. They were amazingly creative, in ways we do not dream of.
Yet I am never one to romanticize the past! There were never "the good old times". The old Cypriot housewives may have cooked the most amazing food and produced the most amazing embroidery, but they were completely subservient to men and lived a life of seclusion and oppression. Each era has its own pros and cons. We just have to try and enjoy what we have!
Bye for now, with a good start to the week! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment