Saturday, December 5, 2015

IN THE JANE EYRE SENSE

I OWE my style changes to two factors entirely: my tattoos on the legs and World Fashion TV! I mean style changes not in the sense of a makeover, but in the Jane Eyre sense, where change means a new attitude. 

Tattoos on the legs made me want to wear skirts, something I had completely avoided, because skirts reminded me of the horrid school uniform (I don't disapprove of the uniform, but our school uniform was so horrid you could not help but simply dislike it). 

World Fashion TV has been teaching me principles of style. I watch fashion TV all day and the lessons are invaluable. Because I have no money to spend on clothes, I cannot be as spectacular as I would like. Still, I do the best I can.

In Jane Eyre, Jane always takes care of her appearance. Though poor, she has some quality fashion pieces which she uses to good effect. When she changes to become more assertive and confident, it is an internal change. Makeover novels or films are not to my taste, coz they invariably involve the girl having to take off her glasses, lose weight and wear make up. I refuse to take off my glasses, my weight is always more or less the same and I wear no make up except on special occasions.

If you want to make over this is perfectly fine! Yet this does not necessarily mean to take off your glasses, obey someone's style commands or start looking like someone else and not yourself. The best change is the one which is adapted to one's character and likings!

Have a good Saturday night and be well xxx
P.S. Here I am wearing my favorite coat -- pink coat, 10 years old, from Top Shop :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment