Friday, May 20, 2016

THE MERMAID MANIFESTO

I am not sure if Mermaids like wine, but I am sure of, and declare, the following:
1. Mermaids exist and are real.
2. There has been evidence of their existence since antiquity.
3. There is still evidence today.
4. All mermaids are beautiful!


In Cornwall there is even a mermaid that became a Christian Saint; also, the Virgin Mary was portrayed as a mermaid in the novel Η Παναγιά η Γοργόνα (Mermaid Virgin Mary) by modern Greek writer Στρατής Μυριβήλης (Stratis Mirivilis).
I don't like Mirivilis at all, so I can't tell you anything about this book. My favorite mermaid book is Indigo, by Alice Hoffman.

This is another of my Brigitte Bardot mermaid drawings. I only draw Brigitte Bardot and no one else. I think this is because her beauty is so classic, I feel as if I am drawing a picture from a painting. The only other person which resembles this, is, for me, the model Kate Moss.
Have a lovely Friday, always with beauty and a book! Xxx 😃
‪#‎mermaids‬ ‪#‎virginmary‬ ‪#‎originaldrawing‬ ‪#‎original‬ art ‪#‎brigittebardot‬

No comments:

Post a Comment