Friday, August 26, 2016

AN EXTRA KISS

A special day @ The Lipstick Papers: national dog day!!! If you have a dog, give him or her an extra kiss! If your dog has died, remember, like I do, that beauty (and there is nothing more beautiful than the love of a dog), remember that beauty never dies! In the Odyssey, the hunting dog Argos is the only one in the household who recognizes Odysseus after the 20 year absence. As soon as he sees his dog parent come back, Argos lets go of his last breath. It was the thought of Odysseus that kept the poor dog alive all those years.

In the one picture I feature my Lady tattoo on the leg, in the other the Lady tattoo on the arm. Lady was my collie dog that died in 2008. She was my girl, I raised and loved her more than anything. Lady looked exactly like Lassie and she was just as clever! She was a stubborn, loyal, faithful, irascible, loving and amazing dog. Words cannot describe her strong personality. All in all, my collie and my two cats (also dead now) have loved me more than any human ever has.
Dogs are fantastic in literature too, from the Homeric Argos to Lassie herself and Jack in Little House on the Prairie. Another brilliant dog is the retriever Einstein in Dean Koontz's Watchers!
Have a lovely national dog day! Xxx ❤️💋💄
#nationaldogday #thelipstickpapers #cyprus #beauty #collie #collies #Lassie#Homer #Odyssey

No comments:

Post a Comment