Sunday, August 21, 2016

TEAM ROSAMONDE (LEARNING TO POSE)


Though I am not a natural poser, I have been practicing and gathering tips - here you can see my Rosamunde Pike pose, which I picked from World Fashion TV! I watch fashion TV all day. Ignore the garbage bags on the right, though I must admit they give a sort of grunge feeling to the pic.
A literary character that can tell you all about the importance of pose is Rosamonde Vincy from George Eliot's Middlemarch. (Another Rosamonde :-). Rosamonde Vincy went to Miss Lemon's, a high class girls' school, where they learnt everything feminine, including perfect comportment. How I wish I had attended this school!

Rosamonde is among my favorite literary characters ever. You know I always side with the coquette in a film or book. I hate saintly characters. Victorian critics, however, hated Rosamonde for refusing to be a silent and obedient wife. Personally, I think it was her husband Lydgate who was to blame. He never values Rosamonde, and refuses to consult her about anything. The only character who understands Rosamonde in the book is the protagonist Dorothea. For me, though, Dorothea is saintly and insufferable. I am definitely team Rosamonde.

So, thanks to Fashion TV and actress Rosamunde Pike for valuable pose lessons! Other sources include WikiHow and my beauty manuals.
Enjoy your Sunday! Xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment