Sunday, August 7, 2016

BOOK BOYFRIENDS

I totally understand Ivy Westfall for falling in love with Bishop Lattimer, although she has been given clear instructions to assassinate him! The guy is perfect in every aspect! Strong, determined, dignified, kind -- did I mention that he is also a hottie? Yum, yum, yummm!

Such men exist only in stories, of course, and this is The Book of Ivy, by Amy Engels! (Question: who is your favorite book boyfriend? Mine is Christian Grey). The Book of Ivy belongs to the dystopian young adult fiction genre of which the Hunger Games, Divergent and Maze Runner are more famous examples. You know I don't read too much fiction anymore, apart from exceptional cases like this one. I loved the book from the minute I read the blurb at the back, and it lived up to my expectations!


Not only that, I find that the book contains excellent messages for women and girls. Unlike other fiction, it says that marriage is not an end in itself : it's good only if your partner loves, respects you and you love him and respect him/her back. Violent men are condemned throughout, violent husbands especially. Having a career can be better than marriage. Not everybody has to marry and have kids. Not all families are good. Marry only for true love. Jennifer Aniston would approve!
These are fantastic messages, all in a fantastic story of love. I totally recommend The Book of Ivy!
Xxx
💖💄💝❤️💋


‪#‎thebookofivy‬ ‪#‎amyengels‬ ‪#‎thelipstickpapers‬ ‪#‎youngadultfiction‬‪#‎jenniferaniston‬ ‪#‎books‬ ‪#‎reading‬ ‪#‎christiangrey‬ ‪#‎bookboyfriends‬

No comments:

Post a Comment