Tuesday, August 2, 2016

READ EVERY PAGE TWICE (JASON BOURNE MEETS CHRISTIAN GREY)

THIS is my very old, and possibly rare, copy of The Bourne Identity. I don't think it's expensive, but the specific edition must be out of print and certainly belongs to Jason Bourne/ Robert Ludlum memorabilia. 


I saw the fourth Matt Damon as Jason Bourne film this weekend, and very much enjoyed it! I think it's good in terms of gender too. Women are portrayed well. There are no jokes about women and sex. Though Bourne is a tough guy, there is interiority and feeling about him. This makes him stand out.

I bought this copy of Identity many years ago (I won't say how many). It was one of the first books I had read in English! Up to then, I would read only Greek translations. To my untrained mind, Identity seemed complicated. When I got The Parsifal Mosaic, another Ludlum thriller, I would read every page twice!


Now I don't read too much fiction. I went crazy for Fifty Shades of Grey, but amazing books like that are not written every day. Now I prefer non-fiction: history, art, culture, history of writing. But I will still read a fiction book, if it seems good enough. 

What else for the weekend? The world beach volley games happened in Larnaca and here I am:


Have a good evening and be well! xxx
‪#‎jasonbourne‬ ‪#‎robertludlum‬ ‪#‎fiftyshadesofgrey‬ ‪#‎worldbeachvolleygames‬‪#‎larnaca‬ ‪#‎mattdamon‬ ‪#‎thebourneidentity‬ ‪#‎christiangrey‬

No comments:

Post a Comment