Tuesday, December 27, 2016

BEAUTY NEVER DIES (IN MEMORIAM)

Stylish Brigitte Bardot hat on the beach for Christmas in Limassol! The weather was really beautiful for Christmas. However, the forecast for the next few days is dreary 😢

What gave a sad note to a nice break was, of course, the death of beloved artist George Michael. George was not only a musical genius and a good man, he accompanied both beautiful and tough moments all through my teenage and young years. His songs were iconic and unique. I remember once they said on the radio that Careless Whispers is one of the songs that is recognizable anywhere on the planet. As for Last Christmas? It's probably the definition of iconic. You realize that the festive season arrives when stations start playing it.


It just so happened that George Michael left us at Christmas. However, I will agree with something Cliff Richard said in an interview on LBC just a few hours before George died: even while we grieve, we must be grateful and raise a glass because we had such a good person in our lives (Sir Cliff was talking about some deaths in his family). I felt the same when two dearest uncles and my collie Lady died. I am grateful they existed and I had them with me for as long as I did.

So, a big thank you to George Michael, thank you for the music and the beauty all through the years! George was a beautiful man, and beauty never dies 💝
#GeorgeMichael #CliffRichard #beauty #LastChristmas #Cyprus#Limassol #CarelessWhispers #LBC

No comments:

Post a Comment