Sunday, December 11, 2016

THE GIRL WITH THE LIPSTICK TATTOO

It's been some time since I decided to tattoo the closing line from Diamonds and Rust, and here it is! "If you are giving me diamonds and rust, I've already paid". Thanks to Joan Baez -who wrote the brilliant song- and Chris Mallas -who made the brilliant tattoo! The line is straight when I straighten my arm, I tend to turn my elbow and arm when I hold my hand like that. The other tattoo is -what else????- a lipstick design next to my hearts-and-Lady chain!

I love my tattoos very much. I consider ink a fantastic way to express yourself, and a permanent form of self decoration.
Tattoos are protected by Article 10 ECHR (European Convention on Human Rights) which guarantees freedom of expression. They can only be restricted if they contain obscenities, hate or racial speech.

I'm still working out the meaning of Joan Baez's verse. She wrote the song about the pain of her breakup with Bob Dylan. Diamonds and rust are her memories of their relationship. But I think that, like all brilliant verse, it has a personal meaning for everyone.
Now diamonds and rust will be always with me, like my other tattoos - the roses, stars, the name of my cat, the lipstick and, of course, the name of Lady, my beloved collie dog. I guess, like the Joan Baez song, many tattoos are about memories.
Have a good evening, with beauty always with you! 💋❤️💖💝💄😀👠💝
#tattoo #tattoos #ink #diamondsandrust #60s #JoanBaez #BobDylan#ECHR #Article10 #freedom of #expression #lace #blouse#TheLipstickPapers #lipstick #lipsticktattoo #collie #dog #collies#ilovecollies

No comments:

Post a Comment