Friday, May 2, 2014

DRESSES, GOWNS AND ACCESSORIES
"GIRL wearing an Ungaro dress", is the title of a sketch I made years ago, and here it is!

I started with the figure, and then dressed her in a lovely scarlet and gold Ungaro gown I found in a magazine. The coloring is made in professional color pencil, and that is why it looks so good even in a photograph from behind glass (the sketch is framed on my wall).

I used to be quite into fashion design, though I never studied it. I copied dresses, gowns and accessories I saw on TV. I copied furiously from soap operas and TV dramas! Finally, I started designing my own clothes. I made up stories in which my fashion-clad heroines starred. 

Those sketches have not survived, but I particularly remember a black velvet skirt and jacket suit, with a floral print which was reproduced on high boots of the same color!

The stories have not survived either, but I continue to write. What's more, I continue to write in the same genre: romance! 

Also, I am seriously thinking to take up design and sewing again. Maybe in the summer. We must not postpone things. Wish me luck! 


No comments:

Post a Comment