Monday, May 12, 2014

RED ALERT
RED alert at The Lipstick Papers! The BBC announced that, for the first time, the sales of nail polish have overtaken the sales of lipstick!!!!!!!!!

Nail polish has a long and lovely history, of course, to which we can get back at a later post. Charles Revson (founder of Revlon) popularized it by famously trying polish on his own nails at promotions.

The BBC (in the You and Yours Programe) had a very interesting interview with Thea Green, the founder of Nails Inc., the new and budding nails industry. I loved the interview. Thea Green spoke about how she was editor of Tatler and then borrowed money to start her own business, and that nail polish is a way to make a fashion statement. Many girls start their own business with a nail bar. If Thea Green writes a memoir, I am buying (you know I collect beauty books and memoirs).

The story had all the things I love! Beauty, female entrepreneurship, fashion, the beauty of nail art! It was a wonderful story.

But I have to say this: I still prefer lipstick...

No comments:

Post a Comment