Wednesday, May 21, 2014

THE BLACK LACE STROKE BY STROKE
THIS is a drawing I made in 1997, and which now hangs on my wall at home. It is titled "Black Lace on Orange", and I made it with pencil, ink and professional color pencil. 

For the drawing itself I used Fabriano art paper. Fabriano is probably the best paper in the world, and no eraser can beat it! Fabriano is in Italy and is the company that first made paper in Europe.

I found the gown design in a fashion magazine, but I don't remember if it was by Manuel Ungaro or Christian Dior. I remember I bought the slimmest ink drawing pen I could find to do the black lace part!

I drew the black lace stroke by stroke, detail by minute detail. Now I don't have that patience, I believe. I still draw, and I still draw detail, but not that delicate detail.

Note the pink surrounding wall. Pink is my favorite color!

No comments:

Post a Comment