Saturday, July 16, 2016

STAND THE TEST OF TIME (XENOPOULOS AND ELYTIS FACE OFF)

Thirteen years ago, I bought the most amazing set of nail files ever! I am proud to present them now, because they have stood the test of time, and here they are! I bought them together with a tiny phial of coconut oil nail balm- still half full and perfect, as you can see 😀

Like the Greek writer Grigorios Xenopoulos, I believe in the soul of the inanimate. I remember reading one of the essays he wrote for children and young adults, where he spoke about things, cheap often, which stayed with him and endured for years. This made him believe that things have a soul of their own.
Even beloved poet Odysseas Elytis, who famously rejected material things and materiality, created lovely art pictures using collage, and treasured simple gifts from fans like flowers.
Here I would also like to present the manicure from Sally Hansen, which is cheap and plainly fantastic. I trust the American commercial industry in general, and their beauty industry in particular. Think Max Factor, Elizabeth Arden, Estée Lauder and Maybelline. They have a long tradition. The nail varnish is beautiful and stays on!
Have a great Saturday evening ❤️💖💋💝💄
P.S. I bought the files from the beauty section of Marks and Spencer in 2003
‪#‎thelipstickpapers‬ ‪#‎beauty‬ ‪#‎marksandspencers‬ ‪#‎nailvarnish‬ ‪#‎sallyhansen‬

No comments:

Post a Comment