Thursday, July 28, 2016

WHO SAYS PENGUINS CAN'T FLY?

Great Expectations and Jane Eyre are my number one novels- so what can be better than Penguin mugs with the titles????? Answer: nothing!

Here are my two amazing mugs from Penguin with Great Expectations and Jane Eyre, all in the trademark orange Penguin color.


I love these two novels for many reasons. I love it that both begin with the main character as a child, and I love the way the voice gradually goes through the teenage and then adult years. I love the descriptions of clothes, houses, the descriptions of other books. The power of romance and the deep humanity that comes out of both books. Most of all, I love the oddity and eccentricity. Both novels were written by peculiar and unusual people, and it shows!

When I feel low, I look at my amazing mugs and my lipstick key ring and feel better. I think how difficult it all was for the protagonists in GE and JE and take courage.
Have a good afternoon and be well! Xxx
P.S. For Greek readers, if you want to read GE but your English is not too good, or you prefer to read in Greek, I recommend the Kastaniotis (Καστανιώτης) or Polis (Πόλις) editions. Avoid the Zaxaropoulos transl. at all costs, it's horrid. For JE I recommend the Smili (Σμίλη) translation, it's fantastic!!! 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment