Thursday, September 22, 2016

LET ME SHOW YOU THE WORLD IN MY EYES (AS DEPECHE MODE WOULD PUT IT)

Here I am warming up! For the marathon? You might ask. For a competition? No! I am warming up for the new Fifty Shades movie, so I am re-reading Grey, the first book seen through Christian's eyes 💝❤️💖
I loved the dark and intriguing teaser trailer for the movie, and I'm glad it proved so popular. I hope the new movie will be as good!
Los Angeles Times reported that E.L. James will write Darker from Christian's point of view too. This is also amazing news! 2016 has not been such a great year so far - but 2017 will definitely start off great!

I often read books multiple times. Some books do not benefit from a 2nd reading. City of Bones is one example. The 2nd time I found the repeated description of Clary as having the body of an 8 year old to be truly disturbing. At other times, you just seem to outgrow the book. I found the Lord of the Rings obsession with the masculine world of adventure as really annoying. The only woman that has a meaningful part is Aragorn's love interest! I even forget her name (see?). On the other hand, I found Twilight better when I read it again, though that too has many anti feminist messages ("no University for me, I only want him, Edward!" -Bela)
I enjoy Fifty Shades every time I read it though. I think Christian Grey is a lovely and original creation. And I love Jamie Dornan too! 😀😀😀

No comments:

Post a Comment