Monday, September 19, 2016

MERMAIDS AND DOLLS

Yesterday, I finished the third and final editing of The Doll's Tale, the first novel I wrote directly on the keyboard! It was a novel with many characters, and a sequel to my Mermaid novel. Moreover, the characters were complex and very different from each other. I changed voices often - sometimes speaking as Marianne, the main character, sometimes as Samantha, her best friend, and at other times as Eliza, my Mermaid protagonist. Then I would switch to 3rd person narration, and present some episodes from an outside point of view. Phew!

As an author, writing The Doll was the toughest thing I have ever done. At times, I had thought to give up. Yet I persisted. I wanted to tell the story. I had started planning it when I was still writing the Mermaid and I really wanted to get through with it.
In the end, I'm glad I persisted. The Doll taught me a lot about writing and crafting a novel.

The keyboard and screen did not help. I prefer to write with pen and paper. I believe that the main reason why the novel needed so much editing was that I wrote directly on the screen. Still, I can't go back to typing whole manuscripts. I think I am improving, coz the novel I am writing now does not need so much editing!
What novel is this? Stay tuned to find out! Xxx
#books #writing #novel #author #Mermaid #doll #cyprus #romancenovels#theromancediaries

No comments:

Post a Comment